We understand that there is sometimes hesitation when one hears “online school,” but this is a misconception we love to challenge. Our online students receive more one-on-one time with professors and an intimate cohort of students is easily fostered. Our programs are just as rigorous as brick-and-mortar schools, and our students are just as serious. We are proud of the differences between ALU and traditional schools. Online education means more flexibility, more individual attention, and lower costs.
Students can study anytime, from anywhere (with internet access). Where courses include live lectures, students can access recordings once posted, 24 hours a day/7 days a week, including holidays. Live lectures are dynamic and hands-on creating engaging experiences with professors and peers.
Mission & Vision
ALU’s mission is to provide accessible, career-focused and lifelong learning opportunities to students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. ALU aims to be a leader in online education for a global learning community and believes in providing students with the opportunity to achieve their educational and career-related goals.
- Conducting academic and business operations in an open, collaborative and ethical manner.
- Facilitating accessibility and affordability for a diverse and non-traditional student body.
- Incorporating quality into educational activities and support services that meet or exceed standards set by accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Embedding a practitioner’s perspective into the curriculum with a focus on the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed for entry or progression in occupations or fields of study.
- Offering a dynamic, technology-based distance education environment that expands access to postsecondary education and engages students in a rich, multimedia learning experience.
- Developing competence in communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and information utilization to enhance opportunities for sustained career success.
- Providing clear learning outcomes, timely feedback and assessment to promote student course content mastery.
- Engaging in a constant process of continuous improvement through policy and course and program outcomes assessment to promote student mastery of program and course objectives, retention and graduation.
ALU’s L.E.A.D. values (Leadership, Excellence, Accountability, and Diversity) shape how we work together to implement our vision with our students and each other.
We seek to develop leadership by encouraging vision, inspiring continuous improvement, and recognizing how members of our community are making an impact in innovative and valuable ways.
We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable to initiatives and implementation of goals, demonstrating integrity in how we speak and act with others.
We view diversity of thought and action as a strength that allows a community to transcend organizational and geographical boundaries and expect members of our community to treat people with respect and dignity.
We commit ourselves to excellence in academics and public service, prioritizing our community’s passion for excellence within our outcomes.