ALU: Online Law School - Earn Your Law Degree Online



3530 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1430
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Local: 213-252-5100



Q: What GI Bill® benefits do I qualify for?

A: Find out about basic requirements for the different available GI Bill® chapters here.

Q: How do I activate my GI BILL® benefits?

A: Fill out your VONAPP application with the VA to activate your GI BILL® benefits if you have not already done so. Here is the link to fill out your 22-1990:


If you’ve already used your GI BILL® before, you’ll need to fill out a 22-1995 here.

Q: What GI BILL® chapters are available?

A: Please click on the links below to get in-depth information on each program from the VA’s website.



Many Armed Forces veterans seeking educational benefits are governed by the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, which became effective August 1, 2009. The Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides education and housing financial support to individuals with at least 90 days of service on or after September 11, 2001. An honorable discharge is required to take advantage of these military veteran correspondence courses, military veteran online education programs, and other benefits.


The Post-9/11 GI Bill® will pay for full tuition and fees directly to the school for all public, in-state institutions for military veteran college courses. Those attending private or foreign schools for military veteran college enrollment have a tuition cap of $17,500 per year. The costs at Abraham Lincoln University fall well below this number. In addition, there is an annual books and supplies stipend of $1,000 based on enrollment. Some veterans may transfer their Post-9/11 benefits to dependents (spouses or children) for military veteran college education.

Q: I’m a soldier and want to use TA. How do I apply for TA benefits?

A: Active duty soldiers request TA and enroll in courses online through GoArmyEd. Here is the step-by-step procedure:

  1.  Request TA through GoArmyEd.
  2.  TA is requested course-by-course.
  3.  GoArmyEd notifies soldiers whether or not TA has been approved.
  4.  All drops/withdrawals take place through GoArmyEd. Failing grades mean TA must be repaid.
  5.  Soldiers submit a new signed TA statement of understanding each year.
  6. TA only pays $4,500 per fiscal year so you can only take one class at a time.

Q: I’m an Airman and want to use TA. How do I apply for TA benefits?

A:  Air Force airmen must apply for Air Force education assistance benefits through the Air Force itself, not with Abraham Lincoln University. The Air Force Portal allows airmen to apply for Air Force TA in six steps:

  1.  Select Reason for Request.
  2.  Select the School Name.
  3.  Enter Term Dates.
  4.  Enter Course Information.
  5.  Enter Registration Fees.
  6.  Verify TA Information and Submit Request.

Q: I’m in the Navy. How do I apply for TA benefits?

A: Here is the application process for Navy Tuition Assistance:

  1.  Contact the Navy College Office to determine courses for TA funding.
  2.  Complete application form NETPDTC 1560.
  3.  Return to Navy College Office for processing.

Q: I’m a Marine. How do I apply for TA benefits?

A: Here is the application process for obtaining Marines education assistance via Marines Corps Tuition Assistance:

  1.  Students complete a TA Orientation Class prior to using TA (if a marine has used TA before, this is not required).
  2.  Marines apply for and receive written TA authorization prior to enrollment, using this form: NETPDTC 1560.
  3.  Abraham Lincoln University will bill the NETPDTC for payment once accepted directly. The military advisors on our Admissions team will provide you with the proper course information and degree plan to enable you to apply for Tuition Assistance with the Marine Corps.

Q: I’m in the Coast Guard. How do I apply for TA benefits?

A: Guardsmen apply for Tuition Assistance and other forms of Coast Guard education assistance through the USCG Institute through the processing system run by The U.S. Naval Education and Training Professional Development and Technology Center (NETPDTC) in Pensacola, FL. The institute approves the TA Application (CG-4147), which is then given to the institution (ALU) during registration. ALU will then bill the NETPDTC for the government’s share of the tuition.


The military advisors on our Admissions team will provide you with the proper course information and degree plan to enable you to apply for Tuition Assistance with the Coast Guard.

Q: I’m a spouse of an active duty military member. Are there any benefits available for me?

A: Yes, the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) is available and there are three aspects to this program:

  1. Training and Education Financial Assistance: The program provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist military spouses in acquiring professional credentials, ranging from licenses and certificates to associate degrees.
  2. Employment Readiness Counseling: Counseling services help military spouses identify additional sources of federal, state and local financial assistance, expanded career choices and opportunities, and necessary support resources ranging from child care and transportation to books, computers, equipment and other supplies.
  3. Employment Assistance and Career Services: Referrals are made to military-friendly employers for MyCAA spouse participants who have completed their programs of study using MyCAA college funding and are ready to seek gainful employment.


The education benefits of funds and counseling are there for military spouses to use, but many spouses fail to take advantage of any of the aspects of the program. Even if spouses are eligible for other sources of financial aid, MyCAA can be used (with the costs applied to tuition only).


To take advantage of MyCAA access, military spouses should obtain an Education & Training Plan (E&TP) from the career counselor at the base or facility where stationed. The counselor will help figure out the right career options, as well as the path to those particular career options and schools nearby, or offering online distance learning, to develop and approve the E&TP.


From there, spouses must request MyCAA schools funding for their courses/program by submitting a MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) request online. This should be done at least fifteen days before the start of the program as the forms may take up to fourteen days to process.


Before beginning studies, it is important to verify FA document information, which will prevent invoicing errors and make sure that spouses receive the funds they need for course and program payment.


Military spouses interested in MyCAA will do most of their funding requests and account management at the AI Portal online.


For specific information about GI Bill® eligibility for military veteran correspondence courses, veterans are advised to contact their VA representative or visit To learn more about the program at Abraham Lincoln University and how to use VA Educational Assistance Benefits, call Admissions at (213) 252-5100 or email







ALU Online University:
Request Information

If you are interested in learning more about the programs available at Abraham Lincoln University, please fill out our contact form. One of our Admissions Team will get back to you as soon as possible with the information you have requested.
If you would prefer to speak to one of our Admissions Team on the phone, give us a call between 10:00AM to 7PM PST Monday through Thursday and 8:30AM to 4:30PM on Fridays.

We look forward to hearing from you!