If you have always had the dream of becoming a practicing attorney in California, you most likely understand the rigors that are associated with attending a traditional law school.
In the past, in order to practice law in California, you most likely had to attend traditional law school and pass the California Bar to be able to legally practice law in the state.
Thankfully, advancements in online technology has changed the entire landscape of the educational model as we know it. There have only been a few law schools that have made the leap as an accredited online law school education provider.
Abraham Lincoln University is one of the few.
As a result, dreams of becoming a practicing attorney have become a reality for many of our students at ALU. As of June 30, 2014, more than 150 ALU graduates have passed the California Bar Exam in order to practice law in California.
One of the 1st Online JD Law Degree Schools in Los Angeles, CA
Beginning in 1996, Abraham Lincoln University became one of the first law schools in California to offer online instruction for a Juris Doctor Degree. As one of the oldest online law schools in California to offer a four-year degree to students who complete their entire coursework online, ALU has risen to one of top quality online law schools in California.
Why Online Law Students Choose ALU
As a student of ALU, these are just a few of the primary advantages offered to you:
● Live Interactive Online Law Classes – You can easily attend live, interactive, online lectures via streaming video and audio. All you need is a computer, tablet, or mobile device with a reliable internet connection.
● Recorded Online Lectures – If you are not able to attend a live online lecture, no problem! Easily access archived classes at your convenience. An Internet connection is the only thing needed to catch up on online coursework.
● Student Learning Center website – ALU has invested significant resources into developing a learning center portal which will allow you to access live as well as archived lectures. All assignments are also administered and submitted online.. Enjoy the ability to interact with professors as well as peers through interactive tools from the comfort of your own home.
● Professor Accessibility – At ALU, you will never be left hanging. Unlike some online law schools, our professors are always easily accessible. Each and every student has access to their professors during class and after via phone and email and even in-person meetings with if necessary.
● Flexibility – Attending ALU to pursue your online law degree offers you significantly more flexibility compared to attending law school in a traditional, “brick and mortar” setting. We know our student’s schedules and careers make attending school a challenge. We understand that our students have a variety of important responsibilities and we strive to provide an education that fits around your responsibilities.
At ALU, getting an online law degree is possible while maintaining a fulfilling life outside of school.
Online Juris Doctorate Programs
Students at ALU must pass the First-Year Law Students’ Examination (FYLSX). After passing this exam, completing 140 quarter units through the Juris Doctor Program, meeting the moral character requirements, passing the MPRE’s and passing the California Bar Exam, ALU graduates are eligible to become members of the State Bar of California. For additional information, please see our law school disclosures.
If you are interested in online law school or would like additional information, please fill out the request info form on this page or feel free to give us a call at (866) 558-0999. You may also reach our admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to helping you achieve your dreams of becoming an attorney through online distance learning legal education.