Online Law School Academics
online law school academics
The following are just some aspects to compare the online law school academics at Abraham Lincoln University School of Law with traditional campus-based models and other law schools in California:
- Similar ABA Curriculum: The basic curriculum of most law schools, including Abraham Lincoln University, is largely similar. Since one of the primary purposes of all law schools is to prepare students with valuable lawyer education to pass the various state bar examinations, a review of most legal curriculum reveals a common structure. Abraham Lincoln University shares this common curriculum and uses the same case books from Aspen, Foundation, and West as most ABA schools, with the academic requirements for online law school just as stringent.
- Technology: The most significant difference is in our use of web-based technology to organize and concentrate the materials to increase your learning experience. Our legal courses online can be accessed live, utilizing state-of-the-art, online interactive technology! You can communicate live to our instructors as you watch, live and "real time." If you miss a lecture, you can access it anytime, anywhere via video or MP3 archive. You can listen, see, review as many times as you need at your own schedule anytime and anywhere in the world. So, you never have to worry about missing class or not having proper notes for midterms and finals with our legal classes online. Educate yourself to become a lawyer – and do it all online.
- Live Academic Support: Additionally, academic support by California licensed attorneys is available online through live audio and video chat rooms, by email and by phone.
- Online Attendance: Since you will learn through live interactive webcasts, online chat rooms and access academic support through the phone, physical attendance is not required. By interacting through the Internet and taking your legal classes online, you can save the time and expense of gas, travel and parking and you can listen and review law lectures from your digital audio files during your daily commute en route to online law school academic degrees.
- Quarterly Admissions: Another major benefit of selecting Abraham Lincoln is our quarterly admissions schedule. Instead of delaying your dreams for an entire year, you can start in the next Fall, Winter or Spring Term.
- No LSAT Required: ALU does not require the law school admissions test. However, all applicants who have not passed the LSAT must successfully complete ALU's assesment test.
- Low Cost: Tuition is just one factor in calculating the total cost of attending law school. At $7,500 per year plus fees and materials, Abraham Lincoln University has one of the lowest tuition rates in the country. Beyond tuition, Abraham Lincoln University allows you to continue your present career. ABA schools generally prohibit first year full-time students from working more than 20 hours a week. The time and energy required for campus attendance unavoidably results in loss of income and loss of career opportunities during the years of law school attendance and bar preparation. With Abraham Lincoln University, you can stay employed full-time and advance your career as you start applying your legal knowledge to everyday business matters that you may see in your current position, such as contacts, real property and corporate law issues.
- Scope of Practice: After graduating from Abraham Lincoln University, you will be qualified to sit for the California Bar Examination. After passing the bar, you will have the full and complete scope of practice in California equal to any other lawyer. In addition, you have the full rights and privileges in the federal court system, including immigration, bankruptcy, and patent law. California has one of the world's most vibrant, globally connected economies, which provide many professional opportunities for those with legal knowledge.
Choose Abraham Lincoln University - one of the top online law schools in California - and use cutting-edge educational technology to learn the equivalent to a standard ABA program of study while you continue in your present career - all for a fraction of the total cost of tuition at many law schools. As you prepare for your future, consider whether you want to learn the law the traditional way or learn by utilizing the latest technologies transforming the new global workplace.
Please contact one of our admissions representatives today to guide you through the pre-acceptance requirements and enrollment process.
Loading the player ...