All organizations today rely on computer and information technology to conduct business and operate more efficiently. Information technology (IT) projects are generally led by managers that have an understanding of the underlying business concepts and needs, the requirements of end users and stakeholders, and the technologies needed to address these requirements.
The ALU Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program prepares students for mid-level careers in information technology.
The MSIT equips learners with fundamental technical skills coupled with vendor-neutral information technology principles including data communications, intranet development and project management. Comparable to an MBA in IT, students will acquire the critical and current knowledge and skills needed to integrate software engineering, programming, database development, and internet and information management.
In the program, student will:
- Discover a working foundation of technologies needed in order to effectively use information technology for different types of applications.
- Apply skills in analysis and design of various information systems necessary to manage system development projects.
- Develop the ability to plan, organize, and manage technology, people, and resources.
- Discover the ability to control processes to improve quality, reliability, and productivity.
- Hone human resource management skills including how to deal with the development of a changing workplace to achieve organizational goals.
- Apply problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
Program Plan for Master of Science in Information Technology
|Semester||Course #||Course Name||Credit Hours||Prereq.||Core/ Major||General Education||Req. Elective|
|CIS515||Management of Information Systems||3||3||0||0|
|CIS525||Information Systems Strategic Planning||3||3||0||0|
|Semester Credit Hours||12||12||0||0|
|Semester Credit Hours||12||9||0||3|
|3||MGT590||Advanced Organizational Behavior||3||3||0||0|
|Semester Credit Hours||12||6||0||6|
|Total for Semesters 1-3||36||27||0||9|