The Certificate in Human Resource Law prepares students for a career in compliance and the law as it pertains to employment. It is intended for those working in human resources and related fields who would benefit from focused legal knowledge regarding compliance, as well as those seeking a career change. Successful students in this certificate program who want to pursue a full degree at a later date may transfer their earned certificate courses towards one of Abraham Lincoln University’s Master’s degree programs.
The Goal of this program is to develop and improve career-related skills in the focused area of human resources compliance. The curriculum focuses on:
- Applying the regulations that safeguard the protection of people against unlawful discrimination.
- Training in ethics and compliance
- Assessing the legal and ethical climate of global HRM
- The study of crucial issues in human resources rules and regulation.
- Applying employment regulations with regard to privacy and theft
Table P15: Program Plan for the Human Resource Law Certificate
|Semester||Course #||Course Name||Credit Hours||Core/ Major||General Education||Required Elective|
|BUS600||Contracts Law Fundamentals||3||3||–||–|
|MGT514||Human Relations Management||3||3||–||–|
|Semester Credit Hours||12||12||–||–|
|Total for Semester 1||12||12||–||–|
|*LGS615||Agency & Partnership||*3||*3||–||–|
|*MGT528||Alternative Dispute Resolution||–||–|
|Semester Credit Hours||6||6||–||–|
|Total for Semester 2||6||6||–||–|
- The certificate programs require 18 credits.
- Certificate Programs require the completion of the ALU Online Orientation (ORT100) for students in addition to the credit hour requirements listed.
- *Students select one of remaining two courses to complete their certificate credit requirement.