The Associate of Science in Business Administration prepares students for entry-level positions in business, industry, and non-profit organizations. The program is designed for students who seek to acquire a complete framework in basic business concepts and skills in order to create solutions for contemporary business problems. Upon successful completion of general education and specific program courses, students will have acquired the knowledge and skills to apply management, marketing, and accounting concepts to improve operational performance and aid in decision-making skills. Students will be prepared to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will have acquired the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Demonstrate a foundation of business knowledge and technical skills that supports and facilitates lifelong professional development.
- Utilize critical thinking, creative and logical analysis, strategies, and techniques to solve complex, real-world business problems.
- Implement and apply current technical solutions to business activities, systems, and processes.
- Apply sound management principles to the functions of planning, organizing, coordinating, and decision making in business operations.
- Enter ALU’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree program without further academic preparation.
Degree Plan for Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration
|Semester||Course #||Course Name||Credit Hours||Prereq.||Core/ Major||General Education||Required Elective|
|CMP101||Introduction to Computers||3||0||3||0|
|ENG160||English Composition I||3||0||3||0|
|Semester Credit Hours||15||3||9||3|
|2||MAT130||Concepts of Fundamental Math||3||0||3||0|
|ENG170||English Composition II||3||ENG160||0||3||0|
|COM100||Introduction to Communications||3||0||3||0|
|Semester Credit Hours||15||0||9||6|
|3||MGT214||Principles of Management||3||BUS110||3||0||0|
|BUS240||Managing Perf./Dev. Teams||3||3||0||0|
|ACC200||Principles of Accounting I||3||0||3||0|
|Semester Credit Hours||15||6||3||6|
|4||BUS254||Ethical Decision Making in Bus.||3||BUS110||3||0||0|
|BUS220||Principles of Marketing||3||BUS110||3||0||0|
|ACC201||Principles of Accounting II||3||ACC200||3||0||0|
|Semester Credit Hours||15||9||0||6|
|Total Credit Hours Required||60||18||21||21|