The Advanced Leadership Certificate is designed for students from all disciplines who want to excel in their chosen field. Students will learn how to work effectively within an organization by mastering crucial leadership theories and business strategies. Successful students in this certificate program who want to pursue a full degree at a later date may transfer their earned certificate courses towards Abraham Lincoln University’s Doctorate in Business Administration program.
The Advanced Leadership Certificate Program prepares students by focusing on:
- Creating original research (a dissertation) that contributes to a larger professional body of knowledge through its publication.
- Legal writing & Research.
- Global business strategies involving foreign entities and the regulation of multinational enterprises.
- How to evaluate analyze, and integrate the fundamental concepts, functions and skills of management.
Table P18: Program Plan for the Advanced Leadership Certificate
|Semester||Course #||Course Name||Credit Hours||Core/ Major||General Education||Required Elective|
|DBA717||Business Policies & Administration||3||3||–||–|
|DBA710||Understanding Organizations/Organizational Change Theory||3||3||–||–|
|DBA711||Understanding Application of Management Theories||3||3||–||–|
|DBA713||Leadership Theories, Models, Styles & Traits||3||3||–||–|
|Semester Credit Hours||12||12||–||–|
|Total for Semester 1||12||12||–||–|
|2||DBA714||Leadership & Change Management||3||3||–||–|
|DBA715||Ethics of Business Management||3||3||–||–|
|DBA721||Business Strategy & Decision Making||3||3||–||–|
|Semester Credit Hours||9||9||–||–|
|Total for Semester 2||9||9||–||–|
- The certificate programs require 21 credits.
- Certificate Programs require the completion of the ALU Online Orientation (ORT100) for students in addition to the credit hour requirements listed.