Mission, Objectives, and Values
The institutional mission of Abraham Lincoln University is to be a respected international provider of quality certificate, undergraduate, and graduate degree programs primarily in law, business, technology, and arts and sciences. The mission is achieved through online distance education curricula, academic support, and student services that are designed to provide lifelong learning opportunities for students who may be underserved by traditional educational institution.
ALU’s institutional objectives are aligned with the university mission and include:
- Conducting academic and business operations in an open, collaborative and ethical manner.
- Facilitating accessibility and affordability for a diverse and non-traditional student body.
- Incorporating quality into educational activities and support services that meet or exceed standards set by accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Embedding a practitioner’s perspective into the curriculum with a focus on skills, knowledge and abilities needed for entry or progression in occupations or fields of study.
- Offering a dynamic, technology-based distance education environment that expands access to postsecondary education and engages students in a rich, multi-media learning experience.
- Developing competence in communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and information utilization to enhance opportunities for sustained career success.
- Providing clear learning outcomes, timely faculty constructive feedback and assessment to promote student course content mastery.
- Engaging in a constant process of continuous improvement through policy and course and program objectives, retention and graduation.
At Abraham Lincoln University, we are proud to support today’s working adults in their educational goals through online learning.
When I founded Abraham Lincoln University in 1996, the name came from my admiration of Abraham Lincoln, including his legacy and his success in gaining an education despite difficult circumstances and obstacles. My own journey as a student was full of struggles with two interruptions: one year (at the end of grade school) due to the needs of family and another five years due to financial and health issues. I started my college education at the age of 25, and therefore I understand what it is like to be a student who needs to earn an income and to support a family while studying. My work as an educator started with a deep sense of gratitude to my country and a desire to open up the path of opportunities to others who need them.
At ALU, we supply a high quality education at an affordable price where you can better yourself, as I did, by earning a degree.
Many of today’s working adults have tried college by taking a few courses. ALU has the ability to evaluate your prior course credits and military training to see what transfer credits may be awarded towards completing your degree. This allows you to complete a degree quickly, depending on your previous work. ALU assists students to fit in the time to pursue an education into their busy schedules. All classes are held online through live, interactive sessions. These sessions are archived for your later review. In the School of Law, students take just one course at a time, allowing them to concentrate on a single subject. Each ALU course is designed to engage the student in understanding and using the material taught. The faculty members care as much as I do about students and are readily available to answer student questions.
ALU’s commitment to personal service is genuine. Please don’t hesitate to contact me by either cell phone at 213-700-6444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or our staff by phone at 213-252-5100. Email Admissions at email@example.com if you want to how ALU can help you meet your goals.
Hyung J. Park
President and CEO
Attorney, C.P.A., M.B.A., and J.D.